Letter: Where Basalt development belongs
December 29, 2015
The town of Basalt has an opportunity to buy a part of Pan and Fork (Community Development Corp. property) along Two Rivers Road. A petition is being circulated throughout the community in support of this purchase. Buying the land would give the town an opportunity to create a park and control any development.
Public comments at town meetings have requested park area from Midland Spur to Midland Avenue bridge along Two Rivers road.
Development belongs on the Clark's Market property. Hotel and affordable housing would be most appropriate there. The town needs to actively investigate how to develop this property.
Patrice K. Becker
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche