Letter: Where Basalt development belongs
December 29, 2015
The town of Basalt has an opportunity to buy a part of Pan and Fork (Community Development Corp. property) along Two Rivers Road. A petition is being circulated throughout the community in support of this purchase. Buying the land would give the town an opportunity to create a park and control any development.
Public comments at town meetings have requested park area from Midland Spur to Midland Avenue bridge along Two Rivers road.
Development belongs on the Clark's Market property. Hotel and affordable housing would be most appropriate there. The town needs to actively investigate how to develop this property.
Patrice K. Becker
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance