Letter: Where Basalt development belongs
December 29, 2015
The town of Basalt has an opportunity to buy a part of Pan and Fork (Community Development Corp. property) along Two Rivers Road. A petition is being circulated throughout the community in support of this purchase. Buying the land would give the town an opportunity to create a park and control any development.
Public comments at town meetings have requested park area from Midland Spur to Midland Avenue bridge along Two Rivers road.
Development belongs on the Clark's Market property. Hotel and affordable housing would be most appropriate there. The town needs to actively investigate how to develop this property.
Patrice K. Becker
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire