Letter (Wednesday, Aug. 14): An idea whose time has come?
August 13, 2013
For those who dismiss the underground parking garage concept, please note the 20-year, award-winning success of a similar facility in Boston.
The parking garage at Post Office Square, under a public park, is a perfect example of such a facility, and also of a possible public-private venture process.
Our present garage is not well located and its lack of success hardly serves as a reason not to build a better facility.
It's a big world out there, Aspen, look for some ideas elsewhere!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction