Letter (Wednesday, Aug. 14): An idea that needs to be buried
August 13, 2013
Susan O'Neal's latest letter accuses Doug Allen of "childishness" when it's her foolish ideas that are really childish!
Let's start with her brilliant idea to move the bus station from Rubey Park and ask passengers (mostly workers) to add a shuttle or a five- to six-block uphill walk to their commute — really? And what will this cost?
Or how about spending millions to dig up Wagner Park and create more dust, noise and congestion to solve an issue that's primarily a problem near the restaurant area for a few hours in the evening and for less than half of the year?
Hopefully our new city administration will avoid the wasteful spending that was the hallmark of the old regime ($18 million lumberyard, premature purchase of hydro equipment, etc.). O'Neal's plans certainly would add to this list.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction