Letter: Warnick for CMC trustee
October 27, 2015
Please elect Jon Warnick as your next trustee of the Colorado Mountain College board.
I have had the pleasure of working with Jon for the past 15 years. I initially worked with him when I was the CEO of the CMC Foundation and he was the chairman of the board. I found Jon to be a man of intellect, interest and commitment to providing affordable, high-quality education that is accessible to all students.
He does his homework, he comes prepared to meetings, and he asks thoughtful questions as both a lifelong learner and a business leader. He understands the issues facing all of the different types of students in our community, from high school students to first-generation college attendees to lifelong learners. He understands the governance principles of a well-run board; he honors the process. He is fully prepared to discuss issues facing both the board and the organization.
Jon has been one of the most engaged board members and board chairs I have had the pleasure of working with. He knows the communities CMC serves, he understands the complexities of each community, and he makes a point of being present at every appropriate function supporting the college. As has been stated by many others who know Jon, he has a proven record of commitment and passion for education. Jon will be an asset to the college and therefore our communities.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire