Letter: Vote for the right person for sheriff, coroner
October 21, 2014
Vote for the right sheriff, coroner
Both the sheriff and coroner positions are important and the right person for the job is critical. I hope that our Eagle County voters are able to look beyond the smokescreen of a single-issue campaign stance and find out the facts for themselves. Each elected official should have the depth of education and experience to handle what can potentially come along, be it a minor crime to a mass shooting; be it the solitary death to a catastrophic situation with a large death toll. It can happen here; the worst-case scenario is not a trial-and-error learning situation. I want the person in these key positions who can handle the chaos and stress of having to multitask during a situation involving several agencies. I want the person who can anticipate and knows what to do next because they've been there with boots on the ground, not just from having their nose in a book.
I dislike politics because of the distortion of facts during the campaigns. It is our job as voters to become educated and it is not difficult to fact check claims made by any candidate. It is difficult to make a voter care enough to do so, however. This is why I am voting for (NAME) Harvey as sheriff and Kara Bettis as coroner.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division