Letter: Vote for Donovan
October 22, 2014
Our retiring state Sen. Gail Schwartz has strongly endorsed Kerry Donovan, who is running to replace her as our next state senator. Gail knows Kerry well and has campaigned for her here and in many parts of this senate district.
I heartily agree with Gail, Kerry Donovan should indeed be our next state senator. Kerry has a unique background and experience that will serve her well as she represents the most beautiful district in Colorado. Kerry has been an educator for the past seven years, has run her family's ranch most of her adult life and served as a Vail town councilwoman. Kerry fought for keeping our public lands, such as Thompson Divide, pristine and for our Western Slope water rights, all while helping graduate kids from school.
Kerry's background will provide great preparation in the state Senate, where Kerry will prioritize legislation that would help support small businesses and tourism which is so important for our district's economy. Kerry is pro-choice and will protect a woman's right to make her own health care decisions.
Kerry has lived a life of service. Let's send her to Denver to be our next Colorado state senator. Vote for Kerry Donovan for state Senate.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance