Letter: Vote could mean fewer rate increases
October 29, 2015
Please vote "yes" on ballot issue 4C — Colorado law requires voter approval for local special districts to accept state grant money. A "yes" vote will allow the Basalt Sanitation District to accept state grant money needed to fund major capital improvements to the equipment that services the Basalt Sanitation District.
Federal and state mandates are requiring the Basalt Sanitation District to make approximately $2 million in capital improvements to serve existing and future customers and continue protection of our river water quality.
The district has saved $1 million for the project and needs to raise an additional $1 million to fund the improvements. Voting "yes" on 4C will allow the Basalt Sanitation District to accept state grant money for the project and minimize the need for rate increases.
Board member, Basalt Sanitation District
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change