Letter: Veterans Day 2014
December 4, 2014
Veterans Day 2014
Outstanding! What a beautiful Colorado day and a beautiful ceremony. I get the compliments, but all of you do the work.
Streets Department: The flags on Main Street looked glorious in the early morning light. Community resource officers: Thanks for traffic control. It is so much appreciated. Pitkin County Plaza crew: We couldn't do it without your help. Alchemy Audio: We could hear! Thanks. Aspen Volunteer Fire Department Honor Guard: First class. Chaplin Roy Holloway: Nice words of comfort and strength. Chief Rick Balentine: Harmonica taps — simply beautiful. Tom Buesch and Fred Crowley: Lovely readings. Darryl Grob: Roll call — solemn words and names to remember. Pepper Gomez and Bob Perigo: Well-deserved medals presented to you. Nina Gabianelli: What a lovely vocal solo — thank you. To the Aspen Middle School Chorus: Thank you so much for the patriotic songs. Well done, and thanks to teachers Amy and Kellie. Mayor Steve Skadron: Thank you for your ongoing support. Paul Andersen and Huts for Vets: Great work — keep on keepin' on. To the guests who spoke and shared their stories: Thank you. Charles Bailey: "Amazing Grace" played on the bagpipes — simply amazing. Elks Lodge No. 224: Nice ceremony and tasty lunch. Thank you for your dedication. To the local papers: Thanks for the coverage — it is very much appreciated. Charles Merritt, Rich Buesch, Jesse Beckius, Casey Owens and all of our veterans: Never forgotten. Never.
Thank you all so much.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone