Letter: Veterans Day 2014
December 4, 2014
Veterans Day 2014
Outstanding! What a beautiful Colorado day and a beautiful ceremony. I get the compliments, but all of you do the work.
Streets Department: The flags on Main Street looked glorious in the early morning light. Community resource officers: Thanks for traffic control. It is so much appreciated. Pitkin County Plaza crew: We couldn't do it without your help. Alchemy Audio: We could hear! Thanks. Aspen Volunteer Fire Department Honor Guard: First class. Chaplin Roy Holloway: Nice words of comfort and strength. Chief Rick Balentine: Harmonica taps — simply beautiful. Tom Buesch and Fred Crowley: Lovely readings. Darryl Grob: Roll call — solemn words and names to remember. Pepper Gomez and Bob Perigo: Well-deserved medals presented to you. Nina Gabianelli: What a lovely vocal solo — thank you. To the Aspen Middle School Chorus: Thank you so much for the patriotic songs. Well done, and thanks to teachers Amy and Kellie. Mayor Steve Skadron: Thank you for your ongoing support. Paul Andersen and Huts for Vets: Great work — keep on keepin' on. To the guests who spoke and shared their stories: Thank you. Charles Bailey: "Amazing Grace" played on the bagpipes — simply amazing. Elks Lodge No. 224: Nice ceremony and tasty lunch. Thank you for your dedication. To the local papers: Thanks for the coverage — it is very much appreciated. Charles Merritt, Rich Buesch, Jesse Beckius, Casey Owens and all of our veterans: Never forgotten. Never.
Thank you all so much.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire