Letter: Udall steps up for Thompson Divide
November 14, 2013
Udall steps up for Thompson Divide
Sen. Mark Udall, you have our undying gratitude for officially signing on as a co-sponsor to Sen. Michael Bennet's bill that affords permanent protection to the Thompson Divide area by withdrawing unleased acreage and creating a mechanism to purchase back leases.
As you know, there is overwhelming support for this bill in the Roaring Fork Valley. By signing on as a co-sponsor for the bill, you have demonstrated that you recognize the importance the Thompson Divide area represents for the local environment, economy and recreation. We look forward to seeing this bill going to committee and passing expeditiously.
Thanks you again, Sen. Udall, for cosponsoring this critical bill.
Ann and Sam Johnson
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility