Letter: Udall steps up for Thompson Divide
November 14, 2013
Udall steps up for Thompson Divide
Sen. Mark Udall, you have our undying gratitude for officially signing on as a co-sponsor to Sen. Michael Bennet's bill that affords permanent protection to the Thompson Divide area by withdrawing unleased acreage and creating a mechanism to purchase back leases.
As you know, there is overwhelming support for this bill in the Roaring Fork Valley. By signing on as a co-sponsor for the bill, you have demonstrated that you recognize the importance the Thompson Divide area represents for the local environment, economy and recreation. We look forward to seeing this bill going to committee and passing expeditiously.
Thanks you again, Sen. Udall, for cosponsoring this critical bill.
Ann and Sam Johnson
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works