Letter: Udall steps up for Thompson Divide
November 14, 2013
Udall steps up for Thompson Divide
Sen. Mark Udall, you have our undying gratitude for officially signing on as a co-sponsor to Sen. Michael Bennet's bill that affords permanent protection to the Thompson Divide area by withdrawing unleased acreage and creating a mechanism to purchase back leases.
As you know, there is overwhelming support for this bill in the Roaring Fork Valley. By signing on as a co-sponsor for the bill, you have demonstrated that you recognize the importance the Thompson Divide area represents for the local environment, economy and recreation. We look forward to seeing this bill going to committee and passing expeditiously.
Thanks you again, Sen. Udall, for cosponsoring this critical bill.
Ann and Sam Johnson
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers