Letter: True colors from the Aspen community
November 13, 2014
What an amazing turnout Nov. 6 at the Limelight Hotel! It was a benefit for our local nordic athletes on the U.S. Ski Team, Noah Hoffman and Michael Ward. Their families, their coaches and the U.S. Ski Team are so grateful for the huge community support and financial backing that were so prevalent that night.
The wonderful outpouring of community support was also beautiful to see in that the large gathering was not there to celebrate a marriage or to mourn the passing of a local hero — it was there to be with other friends. People were sharing stories with other locals, and in many instances, people were slapping backs and hands because they had not seen their friends in a long time.
In this day and age of rush, rush, rush, emails, faxes and technologically imposed deadlines, it was a true joy to see people relaxing over beer and pizza. Many did not want the night to end!
When those two men are in Europe, at the World Cup and Nordic World Championship races, surrounded by screaming fans of cross-country racing and nordic combined, they will know that there are hundreds of fans here in this little resort of Aspen urging them on, as well.
Craig and Becky Ward
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance