Letter: Tiny homes for the homeless
December 3, 2014
We have a 1 percent homeless population in Aspen. Shame on us. Shame on us for giving $20,000 to an art museum with a $20 million endowment and not fully funding our homeless shelter.
Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon are spearheading a movement for tiny homes for the homeless. Costs per 99-square-foot home vary from $100 to $10,000. In this town, that's doable. Why don't we do it?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts to begin June 11