Letter: Tiny homes for the homeless
December 3, 2014
We have a 1 percent homeless population in Aspen. Shame on us. Shame on us for giving $20,000 to an art museum with a $20 million endowment and not fully funding our homeless shelter.
Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon are spearheading a movement for tiny homes for the homeless. Costs per 99-square-foot home vary from $100 to $10,000. In this town, that's doable. Why don't we do it?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday