Letter: Tiny homes for the homeless
December 3, 2014
We have a 1 percent homeless population in Aspen. Shame on us. Shame on us for giving $20,000 to an art museum with a $20 million endowment and not fully funding our homeless shelter.
Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon are spearheading a movement for tiny homes for the homeless. Costs per 99-square-foot home vary from $100 to $10,000. In this town, that's doable. Why don't we do it?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says