Letter: Time for the real work
November 5, 2015
Voters flexed their muscles and voted down Base2, but what exactly did this accomplish for the future of Aspen's skyline? Base2 voted down, and now Retail2.0 going up. If you want to stop Main Street from turning into a shadowy canyon of big, boxy buildings, I'm afraid you will be disappointed.
Right now our code makes it easier to bulldoze and build new than to restore or renovate.
Roll up your sleeves, and change the code. It's hard, slogging, boring, thankless work, and there is no free pizza. Roll up your sleeves on those muscular Citoyen arms, and change the code.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo