Letter: Time for the real work
November 5, 2015
Voters flexed their muscles and voted down Base2, but what exactly did this accomplish for the future of Aspen's skyline? Base2 voted down, and now Retail2.0 going up. If you want to stop Main Street from turning into a shadowy canyon of big, boxy buildings, I'm afraid you will be disappointed.
Right now our code makes it easier to bulldoze and build new than to restore or renovate.
Roll up your sleeves, and change the code. It's hard, slogging, boring, thankless work, and there is no free pizza. Roll up your sleeves on those muscular Citoyen arms, and change the code.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire