Letter: Time for the real work
November 5, 2015
Voters flexed their muscles and voted down Base2, but what exactly did this accomplish for the future of Aspen's skyline? Base2 voted down, and now Retail2.0 going up. If you want to stop Main Street from turning into a shadowy canyon of big, boxy buildings, I'm afraid you will be disappointed.
Right now our code makes it easier to bulldoze and build new than to restore or renovate.
Roll up your sleeves, and change the code. It's hard, slogging, boring, thankless work, and there is no free pizza. Roll up your sleeves on those muscular Citoyen arms, and change the code.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified