Letter: The world’s not becoming unglued
December 2, 2014
The world's not becoming unglued
For those who think the world is becoming "unglued," consider the following:
1. The Berlin Wall came down 25 years ago.
2. The Soviet Union came down at the same time.
3. The Cold War ended.
4. There is no threat of a third World War.
Recommended Stories For You
5. The European Union is in lockstep with America.
6. Unemployment is at an eight-year low, less than 6 percent.
7. Mortgage rates are at an all-time low.
8. There is international cooperation to fight terrorism.
9. The stock market is at an all-time high. Good for 401(k)s.
10. Israel will have a new government soon, devoted to peace.
11. I'm very happy.
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines
- City of Aspen preparing for upheaval of pedestrian malls
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Feds intervene in Basalt cell service dispute, prompting answer from Verizon