Letter: The world’s not becoming unglued
The world’s not becoming unglued
For those who think the world is becoming “unglued,” consider the following:
1. The Berlin Wall came down 25 years ago.
2. The Soviet Union came down at the same time.
3. The Cold War ended.
4. There is no threat of a third World War.
5. The European Union is in lockstep with America.
6. Unemployment is at an eight-year low, less than 6 percent.
7. Mortgage rates are at an all-time low.
8. There is international cooperation to fight terrorism.
9. The stock market is at an all-time high. Good for 401(k)s.
10. Israel will have a new government soon, devoted to peace.
11. I’m very happy.
Richard C. Goodwin
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.