Letter: The right moves for schools
October 23, 2015
My wife, Denise, and I (and our girls ages 6 and 8) are writing to ask all voters in the Roaring Fork School District to vote "yes" on 3B! This bond would allow schools in our valley to make necessary and overdue improvements, including enhancing our aging school buildings and making them safer for our children, making preschool improvements and building a new school to ease overcrowding and expected growth in Carbondale and Glenwood Springs. Another benefit of voting "yes" on 3B is that it would help subsidize affordable housing for district employees; we all know it has been a struggle for teachers (among other workers) to find affordable housing in our valley, and this way we can help them secure their future here and have less turnover in our schools.
We are also supporting Jen Rupert for Roaring Fork School District A Board of Education. Our schools and communities will be enhanced with Jen on the board. We had the pleasure of being with Jen last weekend at the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies Harvest Fest at Rock Bottom Ranch, and it's very comforting to know that a person with such true passion for our schools, our children and our entire community wants to be our voice on the school board. It's a no-brainer — please mail in your ballots, and please vote for Jen Rupert, and vote "yes" on 3B!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance