Letter: The night before ski season
November 24, 2014
The night before ski season
T'was the night before ski season and all through the shack,
Not a creature was stirring except for the cat.
Our jackets laid out, skis sharpened and waxed,
Can't drink too much beer or we all miss first tracks.
Visions of powder and snow bunnies raced through my mind,
Recommended Stories For You
Tomorrow we'll be at the front of the line.
As we dream of our turns, hiking the bowl once again,
We'll post pictures on Facebook with s***-eating grins.
To our friends who won't be here, we simply ask "Why?"
Just quit your f-ing day job and take to the sky!
There's many a flight from your town to Aspen,
Or drive through the night with five or six best friends.
Get your gear shined up, grab a stick of Juicy Fruit, the taste is gonna move ya.
I ski pretty well, my gear, though duct taped, might fool ya.
When all of a sudden I heard a loud roar,
Snow falling from my roof, what a great day in store!
With an early morning coming I fall asleep without fight,
Happy Ski Season to all, and to all a good night!
Merry ski season, everyone.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos