Letter: The education system is declining in our country
October 19, 2015
At a recent speech at the Aspen Institute, what did Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal say was the greatest long-term threat to our national security? It wasn't Iran or China or Middle East terrorists or climate change. It is the decline of our education system in our country.
We in Aspen have made a commitment to have excellence in education. Since the state of Colorado has fallen way behind on its financial and priority support of education (43rd), it is our responsibility to protect and enhance what we have created here in Aspen for this generation and future generations.
As a father and grandfather of children in our community, I am encouraging you to vote "yes" on 3A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7