Letter: The education system is declining in our country
October 19, 2015
At a recent speech at the Aspen Institute, what did Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal say was the greatest long-term threat to our national security? It wasn't Iran or China or Middle East terrorists or climate change. It is the decline of our education system in our country.
We in Aspen have made a commitment to have excellence in education. Since the state of Colorado has fallen way behind on its financial and priority support of education (43rd), it is our responsibility to protect and enhance what we have created here in Aspen for this generation and future generations.
As a father and grandfather of children in our community, I am encouraging you to vote "yes" on 3A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo