Letter: The education system is declining in our country
October 19, 2015
At a recent speech at the Aspen Institute, what did Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal say was the greatest long-term threat to our national security? It wasn't Iran or China or Middle East terrorists or climate change. It is the decline of our education system in our country.
We in Aspen have made a commitment to have excellence in education. Since the state of Colorado has fallen way behind on its financial and priority support of education (43rd), it is our responsibility to protect and enhance what we have created here in Aspen for this generation and future generations.
As a father and grandfather of children in our community, I am encouraging you to vote "yes" on 3A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Aspen’s housing program seeks to educate homeowners on the do’s and don’ts
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain