Letter: The ‘2’ in Base2
October 21, 2015
Base2: The "2" represents two glaring shortcomings of the project and the two significant reasons I will be voting "no" against Base2 on Nov. 3:
1. No employee housing.
2. No parking.
These are the two biggest issues our city faces with development and why they are requirements in the code.
I hear locals complain about employee and affordable housing and tourists complain about parking.
In 23 years of living and working in Aspen, I have never heard a tourist complain about a lack of affordable lodging in town. Most every tourist faces and complains about the lack of parking in town.
Recommended Stories For You
Increasingly, I have heard countless hardworking employees complaining about not being able to find employee or affordable housing in Aspen. This should be our primary priority for each and every project in town, as it is employees who keep businesses running.
There — I put my Base2 cents in!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Aspen’s housing program seeks to educate homeowners on the do’s and don’ts
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain