Letter: Thanks for your support
December 3, 2014
High Country Retired Senior Volunteer Program would like to thank the local businesses that generously donated funds and gift certificates for our annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet on Oct. 18 at the Aspen Glen Club. The generosity and support of the following businesses for Retired Senior Volunteer Program volunteers is greatly appreciated:
Base Camp Cafe, Chili's, City Market, Elk Creek Bar and Grill, Farm Fresh Cafe, Fiesta Guadalajara, Glenwood Canyon Brew Pub, Glenwood Caverns, Glenwood Sewing Center, Hotel Colorado, Italian Underground, Juicy Lucy's Steakhouse, Lazy Bear Restaurant, Mi Casita, Miner's Claim, New Castle Diner, Rifle Movie Theater, Shanghai Gardens, Shooter's Grill, Sunlight Mountain Ski and Bike Shop, Target, Tractor Supply, Village Inn, Valley View Hospital Gift Shop, White House Pizza, Zheng's Asian Bistro, U.S. Bank and Bank of Colorado.
Retired senior volunteers donated 29,000 hours of volunteer service to residents of Garfield County last year. These amazing volunteers helped seniors with their Medicare, filed their taxes, provided minor home repairs, taught driver-safety classes, mentored youth, cared for abandoned pets, served senior meals, delivered Meals on Wheels and much, much more!
A huge "thank you" to these businesses and all retired senior volunteers — you are what makes Garfield County such a great place to live, volunteer and play!
Patty Daniells and Barbara Peterson
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday