Letter: Thanks for supporting high school sports
February 26, 2015
Thanks for supporting high school sports
A heartfelt thank-you to Basalt-area restaurants who donated food for our final home basketball games of the season. We are grateful to Scottie's, Bella Mia, El Korita, Smoke Modern Barbecue and Brick Pony Pub for giving the Basalt High School Booster Club such amazing food items (from clam chowder to barbecue to quesadillas) to sell at our concessions booth.
Now that both the fall and winter sports seasons have ended in Basalt, we also need to thank every single sports fan who bought concessions at Basalt football, volleyball and basketball games as well as the Basalt parents who made countless slow-cookers filled with yummy chili and soup, manned the outdoor grill and sold endless bags of popcorn and Gatorade. A special shout-out to Basalt Boosters concessions Chairwoman Gina White and her husband, Frank, for devoting so many hours to organizing this important piece of our fundraising this year.
All concessions money raised goes directly to the Basalt Boosters, who exist to fund the school's athletic department. Namely, we purchase all of the uniforms for every student athlete at the school.
Again, thank you to the entire Basalt community for so generously supporting our sports teams.
Recommended Stories For You
President, Basalt High School Booster Club
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division