Letter: Thanks for dog rescue
January 7, 2016
In response to "Dog rescued from culvert in Aspen" (The Aspen Times, Jan. 4): A sincere thank-you to everyone who helped rescue Bronx, the black Lab, on Sunday morning. It was a very scary situation that I hope no one else ever has to experience. Bronx followed a scent (rabbit?) down a 40-foot drainage pipe and got stuck for about 1.5 hours. Thanks to Bronx's barking, we were able to locate him and figure out the best way to get him out. In a very stressful situation, the Aspen Fire Department stepped in with all the right equipment and most importantly a well-executed plan. A big shout-out to our friends, our neighbors and especially the Aspen Fire Department and Aspen Police Department for their quick response and dedication until Bronx was free. Cheers to a happy, healthy 2016, and give your dogs an extra treat today!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- She Said, He Said: What makes Aspen the divorce capital of Colorado?
- Another winter storm expected to hit Aspen, Snowmass area Monday
- Aspen’s Alex Ferreira, Torin Yater-Wallace soar into Olympic ski pipe finals
- Mutual fund plummet blamed on Aspen homeowner’s firm
- Talk will expose sex trafficking’s reach into Aspen