Letter: Thanks for a successful education fundraiser
November 1, 2014
Thanks for a successful education fundraiser
Under crisp, blue skies Oct. 13, almost 100 golfers took to the links at the Roaring Fork Club for an outstanding day of play during the Roaring Fork Charity Classic, a golf tournament to benefit the Basalt Education Foundation. Thanks to our generous players and sponsors, we raised $40,000 to enhance education in the three Basalt public schools.
This successful day could not have happened without our event sponsors. A hearty thank-you to Willits Town Center, Holy Cross Energy, Comcast, First Bank, Berthod Motors, Basalt Chamber of Commerce, Ehlers Financial, Rudd Construction, JKA Group, Poss Architecture + Planning and Interior Design, Mason Morse, Olsson Associates, Thinking Bigger Media, Maley Building Corporation, Myers Steel, Willits General Store, Aspen Snowmass Sotheby's, Waas Campbell Rivera Johnson & Velasquez, Habitat for Humanity Roaring Fork, Alpine Bank, Sopris Engineering, Brant Feigenbaum PC and the Town of Basalt.
We invite you to learn more about the Basalt Education Foundation at our website http://www.basaltedu.org. We hope to see you at our biggest fundraiser of the year, the Taste of Basalt (www.tasteofbasalt.com) Saturday at the Roaring Fork Club, for food samples from midvalley restaurants, wine tasting, DJ dancing and a silent auction.
Basalt Education Foundation Board president
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works