Letter: Thank you for another successful Aspen Ruggerfest
October 9, 2015
It is with great appreciation that the Aspen Rugby Club thanks all those who helped to make the 48th Aspen Ruggerfest a tremendous success. Without the town's continued support and involvement over the years, we could not continue to bring world-class rugby to Wagner Park. Aspen Ruggerfest remains on the bucket list of rugby players from all over the world.
The players and teams from across the continent and overseas that converge on Aspen the third week of September compete for the coveted trophy — the Aspen Ruggerfest mug. This year, the Gentlemen of Aspen took home the mugs for the first time since 2009 with excellent play against a very good select side of players from across the country.
With competitive divisions ranging from U18 to Over 55 and a Women's division, Aspen Ruggerfest may be the most unique rugby tournament in the world. And nowhere is there a more spectacular rugby venue than Wagner Park.
We recognize we owe much of our success to the residents, business owners and city government (the Special Events and Parks departments in particular) and look forward to making the 49th Aspen Ruggerfest (Sept. 15 to 18) even better.
President, Aspen Rugby Club
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain