Letter: Stop destroying Aspen’s character
September 26, 2014
I'm writing as a concerned 25-year resident in beautiful Aspen. I fell in love with this town years ago because it was unique, small and picturesque and had lots of character and interesting people.
When I read about building taller buildings and doing away with parking requirements, it makes my blood boil. Why do the City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission even consider relaxing our codes? Let's be strong and do what's best for the city of Aspen and not relax the zoning regulations that have made Aspen what it is and has been for years.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border