Letter: Stop destroying Aspen’s character
September 26, 2014
I'm writing as a concerned 25-year resident in beautiful Aspen. I fell in love with this town years ago because it was unique, small and picturesque and had lots of character and interesting people.
When I read about building taller buildings and doing away with parking requirements, it makes my blood boil. Why do the City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission even consider relaxing our codes? Let's be strong and do what's best for the city of Aspen and not relax the zoning regulations that have made Aspen what it is and has been for years.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company