Letter: Stop destroying Aspen’s character
September 26, 2014
I'm writing as a concerned 25-year resident in beautiful Aspen. I fell in love with this town years ago because it was unique, small and picturesque and had lots of character and interesting people.
When I read about building taller buildings and doing away with parking requirements, it makes my blood boil. Why do the City Council and the Planning and Zoning Commission even consider relaxing our codes? Let's be strong and do what's best for the city of Aspen and not relax the zoning regulations that have made Aspen what it is and has been for years.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday