Letter: Stay positive about climate change
October 19, 2013
Stay positive about climate change
Thank you so much for publishing Scott Condon's article, "Citizens Climate Lobby looks beyond doom of climate change" (Oct. 16, The Aspen Times).
The article highlighted how important it is to have a way to deal with the gloomy daily news on climate change.
Optimism comes from watching President Obama persist with climate activism promising regulations when Congress refuses to act. Optimism comes from knowing there are better solutions that regulations (regulations only affect U.S. emissions, but a carbon tax with border adjustments would reduce worldwide emissions). Optimism comes from working with CCL's director, Mark Reynolds. His positive attitude is contagious.
If climate change has got you down, join Citizens Climate Lobby.
Recommended Stories For You
Member of Citizens Climate Lobby, Boston
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire