Letter: Stay constitutional
January 17, 2016
President Barack Obama said at the conclusion of a recent event that, "We can do better" to reduce gun violence. I agree that yes, we can do better!
We can do better prosecuting straw purchasers, we can do better helping those at risk of suicides, we can do better providing treatment for those suffering with mental-health issues and we can do better cracking down on drug dealers and gangs,
And none of the stuff we can do better involves infringing on the Second Amendment.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen preparing for upheaval of pedestrian malls
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Feds intervene in Basalt cell service dispute, prompting answer from Verizon