Letter: Standing strong against outsized plan
December 5, 2014
Standing strong against outsized plan
Editor's note: The following letter was originally addressed to Historic Preservation Commissioner Jim DeFrancia.
I commend you and Historic Preservation Commissioner Nora Berko for standing up against Mark Hunt's project on Main Street (the Conoco gas station) with your traffic concerns.
Does Hunt truly feel that he can get approval from the city for his project with a 36-foot-tall, 18,700-square-foot lodge when the zoning says 32 feet in height and 7,500 feet are allowed?
It's difficult for me to believe that the city of Aspen would also allow a waiver for affordable housing, parking and setback requirements.
Thank you, Jim, for being strong.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works