Letter: So grateful for the support
December 17, 2015
Our community — young and old, near and far, those of all means — generously and joyously has provided the funding to acquire the Marble Basecamp property to assure that it will be available in perpetuity for Aspen Middle School's eighth-grade outdoor education program and for the students of all local schools.
In less than two months, donations and grants exceeding the $550,000 project goal poured in. Individual donations were often accompanied by a story of how outdoor education changed their lives. Many gifts were made in honor of special teachers and loved ones.
Aspen Valley Land Trust is so grateful for the support and honored to work in a community that values outdoor education, open lands and the natural environment that makes our part of the world so special. Thank you to all who gave money, forwarded emails, wrote letters and made it happen. This is a gift to future generations that will last forever.
Aspen Valley Land Trust Board and Staff
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works