Letter: So grateful for the support
December 17, 2015
Our community — young and old, near and far, those of all means — generously and joyously has provided the funding to acquire the Marble Basecamp property to assure that it will be available in perpetuity for Aspen Middle School's eighth-grade outdoor education program and for the students of all local schools.
In less than two months, donations and grants exceeding the $550,000 project goal poured in. Individual donations were often accompanied by a story of how outdoor education changed their lives. Many gifts were made in honor of special teachers and loved ones.
Aspen Valley Land Trust is so grateful for the support and honored to work in a community that values outdoor education, open lands and the natural environment that makes our part of the world so special. Thank you to all who gave money, forwarded emails, wrote letters and made it happen. This is a gift to future generations that will last forever.
Aspen Valley Land Trust Board and Staff
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility