Letter: Snowmass ‘Jetson house’ needs help
October 6, 2014
The offensive "Jetson house" overlooking Owl Creek Road needs help. All wood panels and trim should be painted a forest green. There should be extensive tree plantings, thirty foot-high evergreens on the house lot or adjacent open spaces.
As a builder, what is confusing to me is why there is so much glass for downvalley viewing and so little glass for our beautiful mountain viewing. The house ought to be turned 180 degrees. Please note Manchester Architects.
Is there going to be a second house? If so, there should be a review of the plans by residents on Fairway Drive and Snowmass Circle.
Let's all try to be good neighbors, but expect cooperation to diminish the impact on our views of our beautiful mountain.
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche