Letter: Snowmass ‘Jetson house’ needs help
October 6, 2014
The offensive "Jetson house" overlooking Owl Creek Road needs help. All wood panels and trim should be painted a forest green. There should be extensive tree plantings, thirty foot-high evergreens on the house lot or adjacent open spaces.
As a builder, what is confusing to me is why there is so much glass for downvalley viewing and so little glass for our beautiful mountain viewing. The house ought to be turned 180 degrees. Please note Manchester Architects.
Is there going to be a second house? If so, there should be a review of the plans by residents on Fairway Drive and Snowmass Circle.
Let's all try to be good neighbors, but expect cooperation to diminish the impact on our views of our beautiful mountain.
Richard C. Goodwin
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents