Letter: Skip a dinner, save our schools
October 27, 2015
In its infinite wisdom, the state of Colorado has blessed the entire educational system with cuts to the funding of all of its schools.
For the Aspen School District, it simply comes down to a mill levy of $30 per million dollars per home per year. So for the average $3 million home, the tax would be $90.
For the price of a dinner out, we would make up for the state's shortfall. We can easily afford to vote "yes" on 3A; we cannot afford not to.
Vote "yes" on 3A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border