Letter: Skip a dinner, save our schools
October 27, 2015
In its infinite wisdom, the state of Colorado has blessed the entire educational system with cuts to the funding of all of its schools.
For the Aspen School District, it simply comes down to a mill levy of $30 per million dollars per home per year. So for the average $3 million home, the tax would be $90.
For the price of a dinner out, we would make up for the state's shortfall. We can easily afford to vote "yes" on 3A; we cannot afford not to.
Vote "yes" on 3A.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases