Letter: Ski fast — stay in control, be courteous
December 17, 2015
I have to agree with Brad Unglert's and Scott Miller's letters to the editor on December 10 ("Ski fast — take chances," "Fast-skiing naysayers," The Aspen Times).
Aspen Mountain is for experts and advanced skiers. If you as a skier feel uncomfortable in presence of skiers pushing their limits, there are three other mountains with a lot of blue and green runs available. What is seen by inexperienced skiers as fast and/or reckless can very well be seen by expert skiers as fully in control. Skiers shouldn't be tamed (not too fast, not backward, not sideways), but they should be expected to be responsible and respectful to other skiers.
What would Aspen be without people pushing their limits?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman