Letter: Shameful Chicago
December 17, 2015
Chicago has long been a dysfunctional and uninviting city due to a history of political corruption, police misconduct and systematic racial segregation that began with government-sponsored development of the ghettos that have devastated the black population.
Chicago's current impotent, shoddy mayor, Rahm Emanuel, and the incompetent state's attorney, Anita Alvarez, have done little to correct the deep-seated problems that plague Chicago. Their handling of recent police misconduct is inexcusable and possibly criminal. One can only hope that recall efforts by Chicago residents or the investigation by the U.S. Justice Department into the questionable governance by Emanuel and Alvarez will remove these two fumbling political mishaps whose mistakes are irremediable and a continuation of Chicago's sordid past.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche