Letter: Shameful Chicago
December 17, 2015
Chicago has long been a dysfunctional and uninviting city due to a history of political corruption, police misconduct and systematic racial segregation that began with government-sponsored development of the ghettos that have devastated the black population.
Chicago's current impotent, shoddy mayor, Rahm Emanuel, and the incompetent state's attorney, Anita Alvarez, have done little to correct the deep-seated problems that plague Chicago. Their handling of recent police misconduct is inexcusable and possibly criminal. One can only hope that recall efforts by Chicago residents or the investigation by the U.S. Justice Department into the questionable governance by Emanuel and Alvarez will remove these two fumbling political mishaps whose mistakes are irremediable and a continuation of Chicago's sordid past.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire