Letter (Sept. 9): Crown Mountain already serves its purpose
September 8, 2013
Crown Mountain already serves its purpose
We have a wonderful open space park midvalley known as Crown Mountain. It has baseball fields, beautiful lush green soccer fields, tennis courts, a children's playground, a great paved walking/jogging trail and various gravel paths for the more adventurous.
All this is operational with a minimal contribution from district taxpayers. Why do some always feel we have to grow bigger and maybe better?
The proposed indoor facilities for the park, I believe, are unnecessary and a bit over-reaching. It's a great green space as it is. Do we need another questionable giant rec center in our valley?
For some reason, projections suggest this rec center will earn more income per capita than any of the others operating in our valley. Even assuming those rosy statistics are true, it will cost a minimum of $300 per year in taxes for a home valued at $500,000. Am I the only one who feels that Crown Mountain is just fine the way it is? Do we always have to keep up with the Joneses?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River