Letter (Sept. 9): Basalt’s soul is on the line
September 8, 2013
Basalt's soul is on the line
Relocating the residents of the Pan and Fork Mobile Home Park will erode Basalt's diversity, sustainability and liveliness, and amounts to takings by the government. If there were expensive residences where the mobile home parks are, no one would ever have been asked to move.
If the true goal of the town was to make the floodplain areas of Basalt safe from massive floods, much of South Side would never have been built, and there would be no condos and nice homes along the river.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche