Letter (Sept. 9): Basalt’s soul is on the line
September 8, 2013
Basalt's soul is on the line
Relocating the residents of the Pan and Fork Mobile Home Park will erode Basalt's diversity, sustainability and liveliness, and amounts to takings by the government. If there were expensive residences where the mobile home parks are, no one would ever have been asked to move.
If the true goal of the town was to make the floodplain areas of Basalt safe from massive floods, much of South Side would never have been built, and there would be no condos and nice homes along the river.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone