Letter (Sept. 9): Basalt’s soul is on the line
September 8, 2013
Basalt's soul is on the line
Relocating the residents of the Pan and Fork Mobile Home Park will erode Basalt's diversity, sustainability and liveliness, and amounts to takings by the government. If there were expensive residences where the mobile home parks are, no one would ever have been asked to move.
If the true goal of the town was to make the floodplain areas of Basalt safe from massive floods, much of South Side would never have been built, and there would be no condos and nice homes along the river.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Aspen Skiing Co. says extended skiing is unlikely this season
- Report: Driver killed on Highway 82 near Aspen probably using ‘electronic device’
- Pitkin County’s jail director now free as a bird after 27 years