Letter (Sept. 9): Basalt’s soul is on the line
September 8, 2013
Basalt's soul is on the line
Relocating the residents of the Pan and Fork Mobile Home Park will erode Basalt's diversity, sustainability and liveliness, and amounts to takings by the government. If there were expensive residences where the mobile home parks are, no one would ever have been asked to move.
If the true goal of the town was to make the floodplain areas of Basalt safe from massive floods, much of South Side would never have been built, and there would be no condos and nice homes along the river.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire