Letter (Sept. 6): Is striking Syria the answer?
September 5, 2013
Is striking Syria the answer?
President Eisenhower warned against the military industrial complex. Iraq, Afghanistan and now Syria? Pattern?
Before launching hundreds of $1.4 million-plus Tomahawk cruise missiles into a hornet's nest, developed by our billionaire neighbors from Chicago, whose Aspen Skiing Co. banned the Aspen Daily News and the song "Big Monday" from public lands similar to the U.S. military's recent censorship of the U.K.'s Guardian newspaper worldwide, Congress might want to rethink this.
Have these limousine liberals forgotten that our nation used to embrace things like freedom of the press?
If among the international community, including the U.N. Security Council, only the frogs are with us, whose 20th-century military prowess is well-known, is this crony capitalism/big government gone amok?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Cops stanch Aspen’s weekend cocaine flow
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Developers walk away from lodge approval in Aspen’s West End
- Man arrested on theft charge for allegedly taking wine bottles from Aspen restaurant
- Homeowner near Aspen takes Starwood HOA to court over $900k in fines