Letter (Sept. 5): Dirt slinging
September 4, 2013
Ms. Su Lum's "Slumming" column had a title with meaningful character with literary symbolism punch, "Lum: Let them eat dirt" (Aug. 27, The Aspen Times).
Ms. Lum wrote that there are "a couple of disgruntled women in town. … The issue of selfishness aside, these are both blatant examples of presumed entitlement … creeping privilege …"
Well, one of the disgruntled women Ms. Lum pointed out is Susan O'Neal.
I thought about "let them eat dirt" and thought about the Georgia red dirt that people eat in Georgia. Then I pictured Susan O'Neal eating the Georgia red dirt.
Recommended Stories For You
She may not be from Georgia, but she can't hide her roots. Eat up, honey, because there's lots of Georgia red dirt that you are entitled to eat to keep you satisfied.
Emzy Veazy III
Aspen and Burbank, Calif.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items