Letter (Sept. 5): Dirt slinging
September 4, 2013
Ms. Su Lum's "Slumming" column had a title with meaningful character with literary symbolism punch, "Lum: Let them eat dirt" (Aug. 27, The Aspen Times).
Ms. Lum wrote that there are "a couple of disgruntled women in town. … The issue of selfishness aside, these are both blatant examples of presumed entitlement … creeping privilege …"
Well, one of the disgruntled women Ms. Lum pointed out is Susan O'Neal.
I thought about "let them eat dirt" and thought about the Georgia red dirt that people eat in Georgia. Then I pictured Susan O'Neal eating the Georgia red dirt.
Recommended Stories For You
She may not be from Georgia, but she can't hide her roots. Eat up, honey, because there's lots of Georgia red dirt that you are entitled to eat to keep you satisfied.
Emzy Veazy III
Aspen and Burbank, Calif.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone