Letter (Sept. 1): Aspen the perfect setting for Pro Challenge
September 2, 2013
I saw several articles regarding the USA Pro Challenge and decided to send you my view.
From my standpoint, the event was awesome. I have come to Aspen the past two years for the week of the race, and I will continue to come if the race comes through Aspen.
The combination of the beautiful town, the collection of cyclists, the beautiful roads and the wonderful weather relative to Texas in August all combined for the best week of my year. I rode 550 miles over nine days, including the 100-mile Ride for the Cure.
Aspen is the perfect host city because Aspen has the best roads for cycling and Aspen has such a fitness-focused population. We stayed at the Hotel Lenado (excellent) for the first five nights and stayed at a friend's house off Cemetery Lane the last five nights. We ate at several of the top restaurants, and we did lots of shopping, including buying custom jewelry and a large rug.
I am sure that there are many visitors like I am who provided a boost to the economy because the Pro Challenge came through Aspen. Please continue to be a host city, and I promise that I will come back!
Recommended Stories For You
Daniel N. Hannon
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain