Letter: Sen. Udall’s support is vital to Thompson Divide
November 12, 2013
Sen. Udall's support is vital to Thompson Divide
As a resident of Carbondale, member of both the Wilderness Workshop and Thompson Divide Coalition and elected official on Carbondale's Town Board of Trustees, I'd want to thank Sen. Mark Udall for joining the effort to protect the Thompson Divide from energy development.
The Thompson Divide area is extremely important to this region, as evidenced by the broad and unique coalition of people and organizations who have come together with their time, energy and money to preserve it. The area provides us with clean water, healthy grazing and fantastic recreational opportunities, supporting local employment in a variety of ways. And, equally important, it is an integral part of the wild and natural environment that makes this place so special.
Sen. Udall, your support is vital to our effort to protect Thompson Divide. Thank you.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche