Letter: Sen. Udall’s support is vital to Thompson Divide
November 12, 2013
Sen. Udall's support is vital to Thompson Divide
As a resident of Carbondale, member of both the Wilderness Workshop and Thompson Divide Coalition and elected official on Carbondale's Town Board of Trustees, I'd want to thank Sen. Mark Udall for joining the effort to protect the Thompson Divide from energy development.
The Thompson Divide area is extremely important to this region, as evidenced by the broad and unique coalition of people and organizations who have come together with their time, energy and money to preserve it. The area provides us with clean water, healthy grazing and fantastic recreational opportunities, supporting local employment in a variety of ways. And, equally important, it is an integral part of the wild and natural environment that makes this place so special.
Sen. Udall, your support is vital to our effort to protect Thompson Divide. Thank you.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change