Letter: Sen. Udall’s support is vital to Thompson Divide
November 12, 2013
Sen. Udall's support is vital to Thompson Divide
As a resident of Carbondale, member of both the Wilderness Workshop and Thompson Divide Coalition and elected official on Carbondale's Town Board of Trustees, I'd want to thank Sen. Mark Udall for joining the effort to protect the Thompson Divide from energy development.
The Thompson Divide area is extremely important to this region, as evidenced by the broad and unique coalition of people and organizations who have come together with their time, energy and money to preserve it. The area provides us with clean water, healthy grazing and fantastic recreational opportunities, supporting local employment in a variety of ways. And, equally important, it is an integral part of the wild and natural environment that makes this place so special.
Sen. Udall, your support is vital to our effort to protect Thompson Divide. Thank you.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west