Letter: Rupert for Roaring Fork school board
October 5, 2015
Soon, you'll be receiving a mail-in ballot for the board of Roaring Fork School District A, which encompasses parts of Garfield, Eagle and Pitkin counties. I'm encouraging you to mark the box next to Jennifer Rupert's name on your ballot and return it before the Nov. 3 deadline.
My two sons attend Crystal River Elementary School in Carbondale. I've had the pleasure of spending time with Jen and her family for many years at sporting events, birthdays and holiday celebrations. We bonded instantly when we learned we both love fresh eggs and small-cabin living. She consistently has shown interest in my sons' educational experience, asking questions and comparing notes on our children's progress through each of their elementary schools. These discussions have been ongoing and did not just begin when she decided to run for school board. I know in speaking to her that she absolutely wants each child to have the opportunity to achieve their highest scholastic success.
Jen just gets it. She's passionate about education, energetic regarding children's issues and very approachable. She would be a true liaison between our communities and the school district. I know that when elected, she will serve our future generation very, very well. Please vote Jen!
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American