Letter: Round 3
December 20, 2013
Carl Heck ought to be alerted. Someone has hijacked his email and is sending letters (Dec. 19, The Aspen Times) under his name, commenting on a letter I wrote but not actually discussing the subject of my letter. The letter sent over in Mr. Heck's name ruminated about whether I accept Medicare and Social Security. Proudly I do. And I thank my fellow American taxpayers for the financial contributions they make toward those programs. (The subject of my letter was expressing gratitude for public largesse.)
At the same time, I thank my good fortune in being able to pay higher income taxes than 95 percent of the rest of the country, so I can pay my own way and that of many others. A lot more, in fact, than I receive from Medicare and Social Security.
I am confident that if Mr. Heck wrote a letter on point he also would thank others who pay taxes that help him. He needn't thank me.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday