Letter: Right call by Snowmass mayor
December 18, 2013
I would like to express my personal support for Snowmass Village Mayor Bill Boineau for shutting off public comment on the Krabloonik saga during the Town Council meeting on Monday. Our government meetings cannot become a public platform for political and emotional agendas to be furthered on an ongoing basis.
We have already heard from these anti-Krabloonik groups and until the district attorney returns with a decision, anything said by anyone other than experts with first-hand knowledge of conditions inside the kennel are only assumptions.
That said, eight sick dogs out of 250 seems like a pretty natural occurrence in an operation this size. I can only assume that one has to dig deep into the darkest recesses of their own psyche to find the real problem. Hopefully, the DA will clear this up once and for all.
Nice job of chairing meetings, Mr. Mayor.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain