Letter: Right call by Snowmass mayor
December 18, 2013
I would like to express my personal support for Snowmass Village Mayor Bill Boineau for shutting off public comment on the Krabloonik saga during the Town Council meeting on Monday. Our government meetings cannot become a public platform for political and emotional agendas to be furthered on an ongoing basis.
We have already heard from these anti-Krabloonik groups and until the district attorney returns with a decision, anything said by anyone other than experts with first-hand knowledge of conditions inside the kennel are only assumptions.
That said, eight sick dogs out of 250 seems like a pretty natural occurrence in an operation this size. I can only assume that one has to dig deep into the darkest recesses of their own psyche to find the real problem. Hopefully, the DA will clear this up once and for all.
Nice job of chairing meetings, Mr. Mayor.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo