Letter: Regarding carbon
December 20, 2013
In response to Tim Murray's letter "Your warm car is my heart attack" (Dec. 18, Aspen Daily News), I wanted to ask this question.
Tim, if one gets a small electric space heater and an extension cord, would that be carbon free?
Since the voters of Aspen voted against the hydroplant, the electricity production process does indeed cause carbon emissions.
Since all of our products are now made in China, maybe you could wear a face mask whilst you shovel snow. It is known to be hard on engines to operate at sub-zero temperatures without warming up the oil first — electric or combustion! Enjoy!
I just found it very ironic that I live in Carbondale, not Hydrodale!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain