Letter: Regarding carbon
December 20, 2013
In response to Tim Murray's letter "Your warm car is my heart attack" (Dec. 18, Aspen Daily News), I wanted to ask this question.
Tim, if one gets a small electric space heater and an extension cord, would that be carbon free?
Since the voters of Aspen voted against the hydroplant, the electricity production process does indeed cause carbon emissions.
Since all of our products are now made in China, maybe you could wear a face mask whilst you shovel snow. It is known to be hard on engines to operate at sub-zero temperatures without warming up the oil first — electric or combustion! Enjoy!
I just found it very ironic that I live in Carbondale, not Hydrodale!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Mountain lions acting aggressively in West Glenwood