Letter: Regarding carbon
December 20, 2013
In response to Tim Murray's letter "Your warm car is my heart attack" (Dec. 18, Aspen Daily News), I wanted to ask this question.
Tim, if one gets a small electric space heater and an extension cord, would that be carbon free?
Since the voters of Aspen voted against the hydroplant, the electricity production process does indeed cause carbon emissions.
Since all of our products are now made in China, maybe you could wear a face mask whilst you shovel snow. It is known to be hard on engines to operate at sub-zero temperatures without warming up the oil first — electric or combustion! Enjoy!
I just found it very ironic that I live in Carbondale, not Hydrodale!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border