Letter: Rec center will boost property values
October 24, 2013
Rec center will boost property values
First, I should say that as a mom with three kids in Basalt, I wholeheartedly support a rec center in our town.
However, as a Realtor, I also believe the midvalley recreation center will be beneficial for our local property values. A rec center will help keep Basalt competitive with other towns in our valley as a great place to own, and will ensure that the Basalt area is top-of-mind for families, couples and retirees looking to relocate to the mid-valley.
Keeping this "demand" side strong and sustainable will allow the prices of homes to continue to improve. I do not believe the increase in property taxes that will pay for the rec center will dissuade anyone from buying here; however, the amenities the center will provide will only add to the attraction of our wonderful spot in the mountains!
For Basalt homeowners, the rec center benefits far outweigh its costs.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Willoughby: Corporate restructuring, 1894 style