Letter: Rec center not a vital service
October 5, 2013
Rec center not a vital service
Laurie Soliday contends that people pay taxes all the time for things they never use like fire protection and ambulance service (Campaign heats up over proposed midvalley recreation center," Sept. 27, The Aspen Times).
So it's OK if we all pay hundreds of dollars yearly to pay for the Crown Mountain Rec Center? There is a big difference between the two, Laurie.
Most if not all people consider fire, ambulance, schools, etc., necessities for any community.
The $25 million and counting Crown Mountain rec center is one big luxury that a lot of people in the district simply can not afford.
Vote "no" on Crown Mountain.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million