Letter: Rec center not a vital service
October 5, 2013
Rec center not a vital service
Laurie Soliday contends that people pay taxes all the time for things they never use like fire protection and ambulance service (Campaign heats up over proposed midvalley recreation center," Sept. 27, The Aspen Times).
So it's OK if we all pay hundreds of dollars yearly to pay for the Crown Mountain Rec Center? There is a big difference between the two, Laurie.
Most if not all people consider fire, ambulance, schools, etc., necessities for any community.
The $25 million and counting Crown Mountain rec center is one big luxury that a lot of people in the district simply can not afford.
Vote "no" on Crown Mountain.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border