Letter: Rec center not a vital service
October 5, 2013
Rec center not a vital service
Laurie Soliday contends that people pay taxes all the time for things they never use like fire protection and ambulance service (Campaign heats up over proposed midvalley recreation center," Sept. 27, The Aspen Times).
So it's OK if we all pay hundreds of dollars yearly to pay for the Crown Mountain Rec Center? There is a big difference between the two, Laurie.
Most if not all people consider fire, ambulance, schools, etc., necessities for any community.
The $25 million and counting Crown Mountain rec center is one big luxury that a lot of people in the district simply can not afford.
Vote "no" on Crown Mountain.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7