Letter: Proposal would ruin area
December 16, 2015
After looking over the Fields development proposal and sketch plan, I want to encourage the Roaring Fork Regional Planning Commission not to approve them today at 4 p.m. at the Eagle County Building in El Jebel.
The traffic on Highway 82 is already dangerous and backed up at the lights. Sitting cars will increase pollution. This development will create light pollution. The impact on El Jabel will change our quality of life.
The 98 residences planned will put stress on Basalt's police, fire and emergency services, schools and recreation areas.
The Fields traffic study does not consider the other proposed developments in the area (the Willits expansion, Lowe's proposal, the Tree Farm project and the Crawford property development).
This dense development will ruin the reasons we moved here, so it is important that you attend the meeting.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson