Letter: President or dictator?
November 25, 2014
By his own words, President 0bama has shown that he is philosophically opposed to our Constitutional Republic-based form of government: "I am not a dictator. I'm the president. … If in fact I could solve all these problems without passing laws in Congress, then I would do so."
Guess what, folks? He's stating right there that he would not govern under a Constitutional Republic-based separation of powers system if he didn't have to. If a magic genie granted his wish, he is telling us that he would be a emperor/king/dictator. 0bama is not emperor or king or dictator. 0bama's job is to execute the laws that are passed by Congress according to the Constitution.
Doesn't that concern/scare any of you?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos