Letter: President or dictator?
November 25, 2014
By his own words, President 0bama has shown that he is philosophically opposed to our Constitutional Republic-based form of government: "I am not a dictator. I'm the president. … If in fact I could solve all these problems without passing laws in Congress, then I would do so."
Guess what, folks? He's stating right there that he would not govern under a Constitutional Republic-based separation of powers system if he didn't have to. If a magic genie granted his wish, he is telling us that he would be a emperor/king/dictator. 0bama is not emperor or king or dictator. 0bama's job is to execute the laws that are passed by Congress according to the Constitution.
Doesn't that concern/scare any of you?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million