Letter: Please vote ‘yes’ on question 3A
October 17, 2015
Colorado ranks 43rd in the nation in per-pupil spending. That's awful!
Because of state cuts, in 2014-15, the Aspen School District received $2.2 million less than what it required. Without additional funds, the district will run a deficit of about $1 million per year beginning in 2016-17, increasing in five years to about $4 million.
A "yes" vote on question 3A is a first step to getting our schools' funding to where it should be. The mill-levy override would only cost an additional $3 per $100,000 of residential property value.
The Aspen School District voters have the opportunity to ensure that the children of this community continue to receive the high-quality education they deserve.
Please mail your ballot by Oct. 27, drop it off at an election center, or vote on Election Day.
As parents of children in the Aspen School District, and local resident taxpayers, we urge a "yes" on question 3A.
Recommended Stories For You
Mark and Anne Uhlfelder
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche