Letter: Please vote ‘yes’ on question 3A
October 17, 2015
Colorado ranks 43rd in the nation in per-pupil spending. That's awful!
Because of state cuts, in 2014-15, the Aspen School District received $2.2 million less than what it required. Without additional funds, the district will run a deficit of about $1 million per year beginning in 2016-17, increasing in five years to about $4 million.
A "yes" vote on question 3A is a first step to getting our schools' funding to where it should be. The mill-levy override would only cost an additional $3 per $100,000 of residential property value.
The Aspen School District voters have the opportunity to ensure that the children of this community continue to receive the high-quality education they deserve.
Please mail your ballot by Oct. 27, drop it off at an election center, or vote on Election Day.
As parents of children in the Aspen School District, and local resident taxpayers, we urge a "yes" on question 3A.
Recommended Stories For You
Mark and Anne Uhlfelder
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border