Letter: Please help me rally this World Cup season
December 13, 2014
Please help me rally this World Cup season
Thank you to the Aspen community for all your enthusiasm and support over the years!
After sitting out the entire 2014 season due to injury, I am back! In my first World Cup race of the 2015 season, I scored my best-ever World Cup result, 22nd from a starting position of 56 in the Lake Louise Downhill. A dislocated elbow prevented me from competing last week in Beaver Creek, but I will return to competition in January. I need your support to continue my progression and competition on the World Cup Downhill circuit.
I have recently launched a Rally Me crowd funding campaign to help offset the cost of my training, travel and competing this ski season. Rally Me is an online fundraising website dedicated to keeping athletes like me in the game. On the page you will find a video describing a little about me and my love for the sport of skiing, as well as a detailed write up of my plans for this season and how your contribution will help me reach my goals. Please help me reach my goals by visiting the website (Google "Rally Me Wiley Maple"), making a contribution and following me on the World Cup Downhill circuit.
Thank you for your support.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo