Letter: Pick and choose
October 12, 2013
Pick and choose
Establishment Republicans remain more than willing to split the difference with Democrats, under the banner of "compromise" in the House and "collegiality" in the Senate.
What's the split-the-difference position between freedom and slavery? Solvency and national bankruptcy? The rule of law and executive fiat?
All Constitution all the time, or only when it suits the ruling class's political purposes?
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire