Letter: ‘People’ talk
November 12, 2015
Mark Hunt and I get along quite well socially. I'm not looking for opportunities to criticize him or his projects. But I must question the veracity of the statement in the Nov. 12 Aspen Times article "Hunt weighs options for … Conoco location." Mark is quoted as saying he wouldn't claim the building would be the same size as Base2 would have been.
"I know people mentioned that, but I never threatened that," he said.
The "people" were Mark's people — Dwayne Romero and Gordon Bronson. They not only "mentioned" it; they hammered it in ad after ad and at forum after forum. I even have a vague recollection that Mark himself acknowledged the threat at the Belly Up event. He certainly never contradicted Dwayne while Dwayne "threatened" it repeatedly.
Mark and the community are in the process of attempting to establish mutual trust. Acknowledging simple truths would advance that objective.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman