Letter: Patti is nobody’s fool
October 28, 2014
Over the years, I've served on several committees with Patti Clapper, and my takeaway is that Patti actually knows how local government works and why. And Patti knows for whom government should work for: Us. Hell, Patti's already taken on the federal government on behalf of her own neighborhood, so you can bet she will fight hard for yours.
Patti has great experience in office, experience informed by living the challenges of this community and meeting them head on. That experience helps Patti make decisions on our behalf and with the broad community's values in mind.
Patti is thoughtful, whip-smart and savvy. I don't agree with every decision Patti has made (I bet she doesn't either), but I know her votes, especially the tough ones, are well reasoned and made on behalf of the many, not the few.
I'll be marking my ballot for Patti Clapper, as she's nobody's fool. More importantly, she won't try to fool us.
Trending In: Letters to the Editor
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River